Re: [RC] Truck Ins followup - Roger Rittenhouse

Steph is correct for TN also. I had the Progressive Ins agent here quote me
rates.. WOW or  BIG $$

They cannot write a personal policy for the truck-  ie GVW over 10K.. The
truck while listed as private use must be written on a commercial policy.
AND add to that the LQ GN horse trailer - due to its GVW and the size and
the use, going to rides out of state and over 200 miles from home... it
MUST also have LIABILITY  Ins coverage..

They ask the questions about use etc - they make a record of what you
claim, then you sign the form that all you said is true. If you dont let
them know what the facts are - they can drop you ..
The BIG LQ trailers cannot be under the liability of the truck. It will be
covered under the same policy as the truck, but with its own liability and
collision coverage.

A small trailer under 10K GVW and less then 20 ft  can be written under the
truck liability.
So I am going to get the correct insurance, when I can get the funds.. Cost
for a YEAR is $1796  for truck and trailer.
Payable up front. Policy is being written by Progressive. The agent said
there were other under writers but all higher  then Progressive... at least
here in TN.

It may be  easier and less BS hassle to go back to a Motorhome. The agent
told me that would be a better option to insure and to tag -- the motorhome
in TN does not require the same tag as the pickup truck..of course you
still have to be under the weight ratings of the motorhome etc..

Roger R