[RC] West Nile - IcyPony

I was listening to the Tom Martino show on the radio the other day. A woman living near Greeley, CO called in. She raises quarter horses and decided not to vaccinate for West Nile because she heard the stories about mares aborting from the vaccine. She ended up with 15 horses infected with West Nile and 3 died (her vet bills must have been out of sight). She said she would have rather vaccinated and lost unborn foals than to have lost her mares. I also don't believe that anyone has proven that the vaccine causes abortions. There maybe isolated problems with the vaccine, but the disease is worse. When the disease gets to your area you WILL worry too.
Also, in this morning's Denver paper, 29 humans have died in Colorado and they expect several more.
Lurking in Colorado,
Mary