Re: [RC] Hurricane/Biltmore - Adelia85

I'm in Rocky Mount, 70 miles east of Raleigh.  Floyd was retched for this area.  We had 25% of our county under flood.  We had areas that were not accessible for over ten days. I know of an older couple who were helicopter rescued from the peak of their barn after watching their nineteen horses drown.  The people deaths for this county were only 11.  The animal deaths were hundreds upon hundreds of pets, livestock, and wildlife.  The issue was not the wind but the flooding which was compounded by the heavy rains of Dennis and the stall of the system over the entire Tar River system.  The barn hand for our stable stayed out at the cottage, fortified with first aid supplies, camping gear, and additional support of all kinds.  The morning after the hurricane we made it out there to clear debris but had to make a hasty retreat across the steel bridge as the rising waters would have trapped us there.  No horses from our farm were lost.  We helped a number of people place horses for a while after they lost their faciltiies.  The animal shelter and a local vet clinic lost every animal there.  Many people lost their whole home.  Take it seriously.

Adelia

JPEG image