Re: [RC] PAC BC photos - rides2far

  That said, while > Catch > Wave (the BC winner) does not look
particularly dynamic in the shots> provided, did any of you notice how
much less gaunted up he was than
the> others

Horses that think trot outs are a waste of energy are often the type that
concentrate on eating rather than watching other horses leave the vet
check.

 I was also impressed with his overall
bone and> substance--very "classical" sort of horse.

Going through some old EN red Wave's bio for the World. He was a 2nd
level dressage horse that was owned by a vet and getting sour when she
bought him. What a great start! I think she's had him 5 years now.

The other horse that gave me the same sort of impression
in the pictures was the mare GA Tyfa Mynte in 9th or so place--another
one
I've not seen in person, but she just has that business-like sort of
appearance and build that suggests that she'll still be out there
tomorrow, and
next week, and next year.

She already has been. Check her record. She's really slipped in under the
radar with Becky. I'll admit I was one more person who had never heard of
her till I camped next to her and once I noticed her I wondered how I
hadn't heard of her. Becky is as nice a person as you'll ever meet. I
think it hurt her in that the selectors took her too lightly. She didn't
have that "fire in her eye" but actions speak louder than words and this
time they remembered her performance in Vermont. She would have been top
10 in the last Pan Ams except she & Karen Clark were the victims of the
sabataged markers within a couple of miles of the finish. I believe she &
Karen came in together for 10th...and I *think* she had Karen cross
first. Check her record. It's darned impressive.

Angie

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!