Re: Re [RC] Hurricane Isabel - Truman Prevatt

Identification. One of the biggest problems with Andrew was many horses were loose and no way to identify them. You can bet plastic bands to put around their necks with your location info on them in waterproof marker. You can get tags to put on their halters. Whatever you do put some sort of ID on them.

Take pictures of them for the purpose of ID. If you have to leave - leave early. Several years ago I95 was a parking lot by the time an evacuation was ordered for a hurricane that brushed the east coast of FL.

Good luck.

Truman

SteelSideDown@xxxxxxx wrote:
As of Sunday, AM, like VA/NC are going to get it Friday -ish.  I've been through several less severe hurricanes w/ the horse with no problems.  However, I did have a friend who lost all 5 of her horses in "Andrew," Florida's last category 5 -- anyone have any suggestions -- or maybe time to move them to the mtns for the weekend?

Jen
near VA Beach