Re: [RC] OT -- Full Moon - Karen Sullivan

All my horses were acting really goofy Sunday....
Karen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 10:48 AM
Subject: [RC] OT -- Full Moon

Last night when I went to feed my horse she was acting really bizare. She was running around obviously scared of one end of her pasture. After about 20 minutes her HR was down, but she wouldn't touch her food. So, I decided to go ahead and throw her in the stall for the night. She relaxed and started munching away on her hay as I left.

This morning I was greeted by a herd of horses standing in my empty pasture, my nieghbor fixing his fence where his pony had run through a wood/barbed wire fence, and my other neighbors herd of yearling TBs screaming from her front gate. Caught the neighbor who's horses were at my place as he was coming to find them. They'd run through his PVC fence and his neighbor's horses had run through electric and barbed wire last night. My horse was the only one on the road who was where she belonged, wonder if she'd gotten out if I'd left her in the pasture?

In conversation with my neighbor he said it always happens on the last full moon of summer, last night. Anybody else hear that? My horse was acting strange this morning, but I think she was upset at having strangers in her pasture last night. They ate in places she doesn't, slept in her "spot", and pooped in the walkway (cardinal sin with my mare! LOL).

Just wondering,
Steph