Re: [RC] vet drop bags - DreamWeaver

You don't ride with juniors much do you. lol I forgot to mention the small babywipes pack that is in there too. I've got most of this stuff in the saddle packs, but have extra in the crewbag for just in case I lost it/used it/calina-took-it out on the trail. We better watch out, we're starting to sound like we work for Sportack <G>. karen P.S. these are old and need updating, but check this out: http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/crewbag/bag2.html and http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/crewbag/bag1.html

At 08:54 PM 9/10/2003 -0500, Jonni Jewell wrote:
Wow, I carry a few of these item in my Sportack Stowaway saddle bags when I
ride. From Karens list, those items with me at all times are:

> 2 easyboots < "I carry ONE with me"

I'm going to laugh at you someday when you are riding a horse that takes a size 2 easyboot on the front and another one who takes a size 0 on the hind foot and see which "one" boot you decide to take

> duct tape<   " I found these little camper rolls, that are actually flat,
and would fit in a pocket, about 3-4' or so"

I should have mentioned that 'wrapped on something' could mean John Bass' dog. :+D

> large garbage bag < "on a rain type ride, I stuff one in my saddle bag"

I use mine in the crewbag sometimes for putting the hay in for when I take it out of the bag to separate for 2 horses (often it's my own two if a junior is riding one), then the hay goes back in the plastic bag. That way when I go to refill up my bag for each days ride I can pull the plastic hay bag and my baggies out and then go fill them up and place back in the bag without having to carry the entire bag back and forth.

> electrolytes < " I carry a small tube of Lyte now"

I think I saw it on the trail on the 2nd day. :+>

> T.P. <  " I found these cool little travel rolls, in a plastic dispenser,
in the camping section of Wal-Mart"

Man, yours comes with a dispenser? Fancy. Mine comes out of a baggie!

>human first aid kit (includes antihistamine, bandages, vetrap, desitin,
etc.) <  " I have Benadryl, antibiotic salve, band-aids, and a roll of vet
wrap with me"

At Bryce I had antihistamine in my pocket every single day. Never needed it for me, but they got used...every day by somebody!

I love my new Sportack Stoway saddle bags...they have lots of pockets for
all my "stuff".

Same here, only now I have so much stuff I can't find it. I do really like that there is built in attachments for tying a jacket on the back.