Swiss Army Knife....

Ibuprofen....

Vetwrap.....

Triple Antibiotic Ointment...

Flicks Fly Spray...

SWAT....

Wet Ones....

Palmolive Antibacterial Soap....

Jim, Joan, (my crew consultant on this), Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada
Magic

DreamWeaver wrote:

I saw
some HUGE crew bags being left to be hauled to the vet checks at the
Bryce Canyon XP. Just what IS in all of those bags? Am I not taking
enough???

I've been using the new crewbags that Sportack sells. They are great.

This is what I have in it:

2 easyboots (sizes change depending upon which horse I'm riding)
duct tape (usually a couple feet of it wound on something)
set of easyfoam stuck in cups, stir spoon, vaseline (I carry a
hoofpick and screwdriver with me on saddle)
2 foldable buckets
1 small feed pan
2 or 3 baggies of feed (all this folds down into the feed pan well)
1 flake of hay, usually two 1/2 flakes of different types of hay
human first aid kit (includes antihistamine, bandages, vetrap,
desitin, etc.)
sunscreen
wash rag
silicone
large garbage bag
polarfleece blanket or rain sheet, depending upon weather
  or rump rug, depending upon weather
apple
a few carrots
electrolytes
T.P.
if it looks like it could rain in the afternoon, human raingear, pair
of gloves
extra AA batteries
small fold up chair that gets tied to the top of the crewbag (this is
my favorite thing <g>)
sometimes I'll also put in a brush or something to groom the horse
with and/or an extra sponge and scoop

I've pretty much got it cut down to just necessary stuff. Of course,
none of it is necessary unless you need it.  If I don't need it,
usually somebody else might so doesn't hurt to have some of the things
that might be considered extras.  I like going to rides with no vet
checks in camp so my bag is always prepared for those kinds of rides.
For out vet checks on a one day ride with lunch in camp I don't
usually bother with the crewbag.

If it isn't an XP ride, then I have to also send lunch, and that'll go
in there too.  There is room for all of this stuff, this bag is
great!  I like that I can unzip the middle part for the horses to eat
out of, then when done just zip it closed and the bag is sealed and no
mess to clean up.  It's not so big or heavy that I can't carry it.

I'd show you a pic, but I can't get it to work from the website.  Go
to sportack.com and do a search for:  STOWAWAY DELUXE HAY/GEAR BAG
(copy and paste probably would work best)

If you come to Grand Canyon and ride the whole thing, you can get one
of these for your completion awards ya know......with your name and
your horses name on it.

Happy Trails,

your bad influence
in NV  :-)