Re: [RC] misuse of "Rider Option"? - Peggety123

I'm glad there's someone who shares my concern.  So far, people have only talked about the use of RO to remove a horse from a ride that is still o.k.....they only use RO to spare their horse for another ride or day..I agree with that.  I would do the same in the same situation.  But if I thought something was not quite right with my horse, I think it's important to share that information with a vet.

No one has said where this requirement of having a reason for RO has come from....?  Obviously the only way to manage this is to have every horse looked at at the end of their ride, like one rider said they did back East.  That would be a good move for our horse's health and safety.