[RC] Endurance Truck-Riding Pants - Ed Roley

It seems I always do things a little differently. My "endurance" truck is a '96 Toyota T-100. This was Toyota's first "full size" p/u. It has been replaced now by the Tundra and if my T-100 ever wears out then a Tundra will be my next "endurance" truck. The T-100 is a 6 cylinder but it has pulled my 2 horse steel trailer many a mile without any difficulties or problems. I drive the truck back and forth to work daily(100 mile round trip) and haven't had a single problem. It currently has 155,000 miles on it. I have seen 2 others at endurance rides over the last 5 years! Rare birds among this group.

I have ridden in jeans and have worn tights. Tights were more comfortable but I have found something better! I wear lightweight hiking pants made of that "quick-dry" material. They have belt loops, lots of pockets(some zippered-great for keeping truck keys secure), cargo pockets and even have legs that zip off and make the pants shorts. This is great right after a hot ride as you can zip the legs off and cool off without much fuss. These pants are loose fitting and generally pretty cool as they let air circulate. They have never "rubbed me the wrong way". I have bought mine at Sam's Club for $20 and getting riding pants at that price is impossible.

Ed Roley