Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Vitamin E/Sel

Just curious... where are you guys who've been told
you need to supplement from? I'm in N. Idaho, where
apparently our soil is very low, if any, in SE
I've never had a problem with my horses but I've heard
many different recommendations for supplementing. My
vet says as long as there's a SE/salt block available
they're fine. I've always had that, then last year I
added NW horse supplement to their feed. It was pretty
expensive and since I wasn't having problems in the
first place I quit that. Now they're getting Purina
12:12 for their general vit/min.
Are some horses just affected by a SE deficiency more
than others?

Brittany

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com