Re: [RC] Vitamin E/Selenium supplements - Layla

great question! ?it was also recommended to me this past weekend to supplement with selenium. ?The vet at the ride mentioned that 3mg/day is the standard for maintenance, but to get a blood test done to see if she were defficient so that I could properly supplement to bring her selenium levels to where they should be. ?

Layla, MW.

fibrfarm@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Good Morning:? Hoping someone has advice for muscle cramping issues.? My horse has had several incidences of mild cramping during training rides and this past weekend was pulled for lameness due to muscle cramping in the hind end.
Several riders recommended supplementing him with Vit E/Selenium.
?
I went to my feed mill and they do have a supplement there.? Label states Vitamin E 11,200 IU/LB.? Selenium 154 PPM.
Ok, since I'm math handicapped? :) - how do I figure out how much to feed?
?
Thanks for all the help.?

Joslyn.

?