Re: [RC] Question for the men folk - Jim Holland

AND in the SE, where we have lots of trees, briars, bushes and brush,
cotton tears FAR to easy, my butt stays wet cuz I ride in full saddle
cover, and they don't provide enough support in the crotch.  After
trying every pair of tights known to humanity, what works best for me is
the Early Winters "Winter Trainers".

http://www.earlywinters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=86&itemType=PRODUCT&sSearch=YES

They are made of Lycra and Polypropylene....you will NEVER be sweaty
under them, even in the heat of summer...in fact, I have shed my boots,
gone swimming with Sunny, and they were dry 30 minutes later. Under
them, I wear compression shorts for better support, but the tights do
provide good support without them.  Since I run with my horse, the
compression shorts work well for me.

They are almost indestructible, have strong elastic at the ankles so
they don't ride up...a major problem for me with most tights.  The ONLY
down side is that the outside Lycra is initally "slick" like nylon. I
never do a ride in a "new" pair. The Lycra outside will quickly develop
a "fuzz", which is then no longer slick, however, I recommend a full
saddle cover....I like Jan's...also indestructible....have two...can't
wear 'em out. (Especially if you have knobby legs like me!)

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic