Re: [RC] [Guest] Horse Death at Owhyee Ride - Roger Rittenhouse

In keeping with  with my policy of low impact political comment - - I
digress ,

I commend Dr Jim Baldwin and the AERC VET COMM for the outstanding report
of a recent horse death.
This is the way it is suppose to be done. Past practices have been set
aside.
The report is a' tell all'  with all the details and information a rider
member would need to know.

A real positive action for the VC to set aside the flaming trashing and
carping we had years ago when this issue was not to be discussed and hidden
under the cover of client patient privledges.
This type of fair honest balanced reporting should be the norm, weather the
rider made a mistake  or willfully over- extended the horse.

I would expect the Horse Welfare comm to also evaluate horse treatment
reports and make some sort of public report on the incidents and causes.
Not needed to publish all the details  but a sit-rep type of report with
analysis. If we can get these treatment situations discussed - we find we
will have less deaths -- as the riders   learn  from these incidents.

Again a 'well done' to Dr Jim and his staff.
Roger Rittenhouse Se 8263