Re: [RC] Advise on Strangles from the Vets - Sue Singletary

When I was a kid, I had a horse with Strangles.  The vet told me he had done all he could do.  An old lady who lived across the street from me told me to drench him thru his nose with salt water.  It would break all of that mucus up so it could drain.  It cured him and he lived to be 26 with never anything to remind me of what he had been through.

We had an outbreak of it in our area several years ago.  The people who had horses with it were told not to bring those horses to any rides until it was gone.