Re: [RC] Necropsy - Stephanie E Caldwell

>>That is absurd. And the key word here is "speculation"

What makes any one idea absurd? If you look closer at many things that are the norm in American society you will find the truth a far cry from that! Just because someone has a new idea it's not absurd, off the wall, or necessarly wrong. Because it threatens something that has been the norm in our lives for years doesn't mean it's wrong or absurd. We claim to be the most advanced medically of anyone in the world, I'm beginning to have real doubts about that.

>If a rider had a horse die, and the necropsy results were made public, say in EN, would you object to reading those results and learning from them?

Honestly it depends on *whom* made the results public. If the rider chose to, I might and might not read them. Of the people whom chose to have necropsies done on their horses that have spoken up recently it was all fluke unknown problems, what would I have learned? If they were made public against the owner's wishes and they were fighting it, I'd be right there with them. Whether or not animal owners choose to do Necropsies and have the results made public is a personal decision.

>I have sat in on a dozen or more Human Autopsies, and I have also donated one of my llamas that died to my Vet that just hired two Vet graduates from the University in Colorado, Susan G's Alma Mater... for a necropsy. I was allowed to watch the necropsy as well, and the information I got from all of them, human or otherwise was invaluable.

More power to ya... It's a personal decision.

>To do these things is like research, if we don't have research, we would still be dying off at age 35.

Do you know what one single medical breakthrough lengthened the life expectancy? Having doctors wash their hands. I don't see that modern medicine is all that great...

>The soul has left the body, the body is a shell, I never can understand why there should be any religious objections, when religion certainly believes in the soul.

I'm not going to get into a religous debate here on RC, if you want to you can email me privately.

>Perhaps if you had this information, you would never be at risk to even think of infringing on your beliefs.

No, more than likely I'll go back to showing. I can dress me up, and not have to go through all the crap some of y'all want to enforce on riders. Make me stay at rides, demand necropsies, next you'll be trying to mandate that my horse is vaccinated against certain things, that I've had my physical. No thanks! I came to endurance because it had a no drug tolerance and outside of that you were free to compete and live your life, looks like that's swiftly changing.

Steph