[RC] Abrupt feed changes - Heart 4 Horses

We are headed out to Bryce tomorrow am and we were taking 3 horses.  One
of the horses is sick and can't go, so I am contemplating taking
different mare.  She is well conditioned and ready to do a 50, however
she has been on pasture only.  Usually when the horses go to a ride, I
have them accustomed to eating hay, beet pulp and a whatever amount of
LMF they require to maintain good condition.  I am concerned about
changing this mare from pasture to hay and hauling her at the same time so
I am considering not taking her.   Am I making too big of a deal out of this?
 I would love to hear what you all have to say regarding this.  I know
that people who did the XP ride have said that their horses enjoyed the
variety, but that was with different hay, not hay to pasture.  Any
comments would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Katey