Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Protest & Education

Thanks, Truman, I totally agree with you.  One of the concurrent projects
the education committee is working on is a list of qualified speakers that
are available to come talk at clinics, local meetings or three people
meeting for pie and coffee <g>.  So hopefully it will be easier to get more
information available for anyone organizing events on a local level.

As for the day seminar going on the road, I think the general idea is to see
how well this project goes and if there's enough interest to warrant taking
it elsewhere.  I think there's a good chance of getting sponsorship to
underwrite a lot of the costs, so if the interest is there, then it's very
feasible to provide it in other regions.  In doing so, I agree with you that
it needs to be tailored for the region and include local talent to provide
for the variabilities of terrain and conditions.

The first step is getting clear feedback from the endurance community that
it's wanted and would be utilized.

Susan G, DVM