Re: [RC] Whack Em (?) - q jessen

--- Suvut@xxxxxxx wrote:
> But horses are not dogs.Once again:WHACK HIM!
> HARD,RIGHT BETWEEN THE EARS
> WHEN HE REARS.NOTHING ABOUT YOUR HORSE IS AS
> IMPORTANT AS YOUR SPINAL
> CHORD.VIOLENCE IS -SOMETIMES- THE BEST OR ONLY
> WAY.SHORT,SHARP,SWIFT,AND IT'S OVER.That
> guy from Kentucky had two big mares that were fast
> and enduring,and they gave
> him absolutely NO sh-- whatsoever.Big knot on top of
> each one's head.

I have Rottweilers! As in "big mean dogs". Mine are sweet as can be, but if they decide to do something bad, like lift their leg in my house, I have a small rope with Christmas bells on it. The noise Distracts them from what they are about to do, and they don't see me throw it. Works great! Why wouldn't it work the same with horses? Well from what I have found out, IT DOES!! When a horse is being "bad" what is the first thing out of our mouths? "ATTTT" or "NO"! Same type of thing! Loud noise they don't expect. Try something different. Where the horse will start to realize that "not this one spot is a scary noise" but, "gee, when I do this, there is a scary noise". Like I have read on ride camp in the past, and fully agree to, "your don't hop on your youngster  one day and expect to ride calm and cool like a pro, it takes time, well you don't tell your horse "NO" one time and expect her/him to learn." Hell try a air blow horn. They are cheep, small, compact, and make one hell of an impression! I do agree that all horses have their own personalities, and that what works for one will not work for another, but I also agree that a horse could and usually will become head shy from being whacked between the ears. Granted it might and has stopped the problem, but when it comes to something simple as a vet lifting the head to check teeth, the horse will be afraid to raise it's head, making the vet's job harder. I just wanted to voice my opinion. I am neither for or against. Just hope the noise works for some!

Do you Yahoo!?