Re: [RC] I'm on RC but am being SPAMED - Truman Prevatt

If you are worried about getting spammed don't necessarily blame RC. The spammers have very good "data mining engines" at are continually searching the internet and picking up information on people. This info is used to target people for advertising. It is amazing what you can find out about your self. Go to Google, punch in your phone number see what comes up. Then try it with your name.

I believe John has a firewall on his server that keeps the data miners at bay.

Truman

Robin wrote:
Hello -- Can anyone tell me why all of a sudden I'm getting just oddles of messages with Please see details in files attached?? And, I'm getting lots of SPAM mail now as well.
?
Should I take my name off RC and stop the e-mails -- will this put a stop to all this other stuff.? I hate to do that because I've gotten a lot of helpful info from RC but I'm thinking it may be the only way.
?
Thanks all.
?
Robin Talsma