Re: [RC] still a whacko - Deblyons54

From: "Stephanie E Caldwell" <sec@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]?? still a whacko

That was Star's and my turning =
point, from there on out I researched training and got rid of all my =
gadgety things and just hung out with her. It was worth the year and a =
half of "quiet time" before we rode out with groups or any activity with =
other people, she's still got a few problems, but every ride they get =
better. The big thing, and I don't think people like Ray can say this, =
is that she trusts me, and I trust her.

I took my mare to a local Parelli trainer to fix a few "attention" problems. I had never worked with these methods before and thought it'd be worth a try. My mare was distracted in a new place and the "trainer" approached her with the carrot stick. My mare didn't know to move so after about 1 minutes she proceeded to wack my horse in the head with the carrot stick. She got results but my usually friendly, trusting mare was scared of me for 3 weeks and I could not catch her, halter her, bridle her, etc. I've learned to trust my instincts and not "trainers" over the years. I was glad I was able to witness her methods and we won't be going back. I was trading a relatively small problem for a much bigger one.