[RC] - SABRINA KOHOUTEK

Hi everyone,
I am looking for some advice.  I was offered a beautiful bay arab.  He is 16-1, 5 years old and what I think would make a great endurance prospect.  He has a couple of issues that I would like your opinion on.  He previously had a "capped hock"  I was told it was just a cosmetic thing and not to worry.  He moves very nicely and shows no signs of lameness.  It is visible that the skin around the cap of the hock is loose.

The other thing is he has itchy skin from welts on his chest, neck, and a little bit on his face.  Does anyone have any advice on how to make this go away, or just get better.  Is it from flies, or maybe something he is eating?

Although I do plan on getting a vet check, I would love to hear what you all have to say.

Thank You,
Sabrina