[RC] supracor - Pete Occhialini

While the reading the post on the Supracor pad, I'm wondering if any one has any problems with rubbing.  My pad is two years old and is washed every time it's used.  I love it and so far had not caused any problems.  After a ride last week, I noticed rub marks on my mares side where the panel  would fit.  Looking at the underside, it is showing creases and lines.  Is this typically how the pad wears and is there something that could put on the pad to soften it or diminish the creases?
Thanks.
Karin