[RC] Supracor - Jonni Jewell

I have a couple of the non covered endurance models. I use them with the
English saddles, and the Ortho-flex patriot. Had trouble with the slipping
back. Finally took the billet loops that were already on the pad, and sewed
a couple different "stops", to make more optional loops to run the billets
through. Now, the pads no longer slip back, as the "stops" catch on the
girth billets in the right place, and they can no longer slip backwards.

I have two very round, flat backed, weide horses. One had some saddle fit
problems, and some pressure points, so I used the Supracor AND a regular
fleece pad. But, saddle fit now seems fixed, and am back to just the
supracor. Now, with the Ortho-Flex, it seemed that with out the booties on,
the fabric covering the saddle panels, did not "get along with" the Supracor
material, and the pad and panels seemed to not move, and caused some
friction. With the booties on, it seems the panels flex better, and pad does
not shift around as much. Anyone else use a Supracor with the Ortho-Flex and
find any difference with or without booties???

Last, the Supracor likes to rip the first few mane hairs out at the withers
when the pad is new. Seems to not be as bad now that it is broke in, but I
like to braid that mane section, and pull out from under the pad.

Jonni (who, Like Annie, will really be testing the Supracors at Bryce)