Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Fw: Arabs Of Higher esteem??

Amber, you DO understand, I hope, that I was NOT recommending hitting between the ears as a solution to the problem of rearing.  I was merely telling a story out of the past, about 40 years ago.  This is not something I would do, I was not recommending it, I was merely telling a story of something that happened a long time ago.  I hope I did not give the wrong impression.  Forty years ago, I didn't know better, and I didn't make any attempt to stop the man.  Also, I was acutely aware of my 10 year old daughter's safety, and if boxing the horse on the head cured him of the problem (which it did), then I was grateful that something changed the horse's mind about his avoidance tactics.

Barbara