[RC] [Guest] Kidds' trailer crash - Ridecamp Moderator

Kenny Stickler kennystickler@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ive tried to get a story out about my horse Kidd and so far it hasn't happened so here is just a little about what Kidd and I went through a few years ago.

Kidd and I were on our way to a nice quiet week end of hunting around the 25 of September.At 9:30 pm traveling towards prospect Or. I hit a buck. The truck did alright but the trailer didn't pulling us off the road.The trailer corked screwed through the air and so did the truck.

When I woke up I saw Kidd still tied to what was left of the trailer.After I was given a knife from a passerby Kidd was cut loose.When I got Kidd back home Susie Morril had Dennis Obrian a chiropractor come down to help with Kidds Broken tail and back just above his tail.Useing the methods Dennis had shown me, Kidds tail after about six months started to move again. He had already lost about 90% of all his hair.

While Kidd was recovering I was doing the same ,I broke my back too. WE seemed to heal at the same pace and soon we were training again.

Our first ride back Kidd did 60 at Stookey Stampede.There were 82 horses in this ride back for Kidd and Kidd showed that he was back for sure. Kidd recived B.C. and 3rd place and did this ride in way too fast 4:08.

Kidd has done nothing but 75s and 100s since then with the exception of one 50 this year as a training ride.Dureing all this Kid became very ill at Bandit Springs in 2001.To make this short Kidd was so sick he went to Bend Equine Hospital.

The doctor wanted me sign a paper saying it was alright to put Kidd down if he didnt start getting better.I said no,that your saying I'm giving up and Kidd was going to quit.

Kidd not only survived he now has been selected to ride in the Pan Americn Champion.Kidd has one tremendous heart and will to compete.If a person or horse truely has it in their heart,the sky is the limit.With all this being said Kidd truly is a Miracle Horse.

One day the whole story about Kidd will come out, its just that we have many, many more miles to travel.

Thanks for your time:
Kenny/Kidd