From: Andrea Day
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 12:38 PM
Subject: [RC] I'll take your rearing horse

I wasn't going to reply on the rearing horse issue, but the answers that
have been sent in have me gritting my teeth. Biting, hitting on the head?
Maybe for some of those ugly, cold-blooded "sevana" horses they used to get
off the range, but NOT an Arab.

When you're done bashing on your rearing horse, and he's totally goofy and
throwing himself over backwards, give him to me so I can spend a year or
more making him a nice horse again. Not trolling, the sarcasm comes from
having rehabed three of the nicest Arabs with severe rearing problems.
Actually, the problems were with the owners/trainers.

One 5 yo horse was on the way to the slaughterhouse--same scenerio, he'd
been trained and drilled in an arena until he would just throw himself over
in frustration/confusion and lay on the ground while they whipped on him to
get up. The final "cure" was to break a water balloon over his head--after..........