[RC] Pads - Karen Ellis

I usually pad for rocky rides with Durashock pads and my farrier uses his own medicated packing.

This time,  my farrier used only silicone under the pads and I am wondering about how his frogs will hold up.  I usually get the pads removed shortly after a ride but now I have another ride to go to and think I should have them checked and perhaps the regular medicated packing put in.

Anyone else use silicone?  what is your protocol as far as how long you leave pads on?   I really don't like the thought of no air getting to this feet as he has good feet and I only use pads for rocky rides.

Karen