Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

[RC] [Guest] Travel Papers (NV) - Ridecamp Moderator

John Bass jbass@xxxxxxxxxxxx

According to our local Brand Inspector here in Nevada you don't need a BI unless you stay in Nevada over 24 hours if you are traveling from another state.
If you live in Nevada you need a BI to travel within the set districts of the state. I believe there are eleven districts. I need one to travel to the Las Vegas area from my home 100 miles away. I have life time BI's on all my horses at the cost of $25 per.

Timeline on coggins do vary for different states. NV, CA, AZ are good for six months. Utah coggins are good for one year.
The vet I use won't issue me Health papers unless I have a current Nevada coggins eventhough I have one that would be valid to travel to Utah.

A couple years ago there was a EIA case in Boulder City involving a mule from Wyoming. The mule had coggins papers. I guess the system isn't full proof.
John Bass
Beatty Nevada



Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp

Ride Long and Ride Safe!!