RE: [RC] Scratches - Snodgrass, Bonnie

I haven't tried that one but I can tellyou a great preventative. Gold Bond medicated powder (or the cheaper copies) works great to prevent scratches. Just dust the lower legs well and rub the powder into the hair to get  it down to the skin. I've used this stuff for years. It can also be used to clear up a    case  of scratches.

Bonnie Snodgrass
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim & Drin Becker [mailto:rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 10:08 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Scratches

Someone has told me that you can mix up a mixture of vinegar and water to use as a wipe to help prevent scratches when doing a ride through alkali soil which seems to set them off on my horse when I ride in that type of soil . Has anybody had any experience using a mixture like that to prevent a horse from getting scratches ?
          Drin Becker
          Mtn Region