RE: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0569 - Teri Hunter

Truman,

You can't vote.  If I recall you told me that you were born on Mars.

-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Truman Prevatt
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 10:58 PM
To: steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Bob Morris; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0569

Holy paranoia Batman, is Joe McCarthy on the AERC board - must be a commie behind every rock ready to kick in their 60 bucks to take over the AERC.

I'm not sure the new one is much better - who is going to check my birth certificate before I vote this time to verify I am a citizen and eligible to vote (under bylaw not in force).

Truman

Steph Teeter wrote:
To my recollection: The first draft of the new bylaws did -not- specify that voting members needed to be citizens. But when the draft was presented to the Board, there were a few directors who expressed concern that if non-USA citizens were allowed to vote, it was theoretically possible that hoards of foreigners could buy memberships and possibly affect the AERC adversely.