[RC] Problem Child - Ron Lerma

    Well, Iv'e been a newbie for almost three years and for some reason or another have never ever made it to an event. Something always stops me. First, it was not having a trailer and not knowing anyone else who rode endurance in my area. OK. Bought a trailer. Then I got pregnant and got Toxemia. Ok. Baby is 9 months old and horse is once again fit enough to do a LD. 3 days before the ride she pulls a suspensory ligament. It has been four months of hand walking and now she is worse than ever. Vet came back out yesterday and did x-rays. Got the news today. My mare will never be sound again. I can't afford another horse and mine is only 12 and I could never sell her. I guess it will be a while before I get out to a competition. Man, this sucks! It could be worse though. She could be dying. At least I can still spend time with her. She will be a great horse for my daughter!  -JodieL