Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0555 - NdurN

In a message dated 8/7/2003 1:57:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I'd rather look out and
have a horse hopping on three legs than a faint subtle lameness since the
bad limping is usually an abcess and the subtle stuff lasts forever.

Yes once at a ride,in the deep sand, I had a horse go from sound to almost 3 legged in two strides.  I panicked, pulled up and called for a trailer ride...I was sure it was a soft-tissue injury....When the vet began examining with the hoof testers, horse nearly went to his knees....I started cheering, then had to explain that abcesses are easily (?) treated...suspensory or tendon....NO>

Susan K