[RC] How can this happen??? - Ibiteraaarr

I know this probably shouldn't have made the mailing list but as fellow horse
lovers, surely enough of us across the country can put a stop to this. My
sister and a couple other close friends and I have been seriously planning over
the last year starting a horse rescue and rehabilitation and that's what got us
interested in stories like this.

Yesterday I read about a former champion sent to slaughter overseas and the
birth of the first cloned horse and the scientists who want to conjur up
deceased show and racing animals to keep their genes in circulation. Today my
sister sent me this site on the atrocity that a single woman committed in March
on numerous horses including AQHA champion Conclusives Dare. According to the
article, six of the ten horses that somehow managed to survive were RETURNED to
her and she was let go with a slap on the wrist!  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? Can
someone please explain WHY this woman walked scot-free when she let her horses
starve to death and left their carcasses where they fell?!?!?!

I'm sorry if I shouldn't have sent this. I'm just very angry....and this is the
reason I want a horse rescue.

Regards and frustrated,
Liz

Don't look at this is you dont think you can handle seeing one of the worst
cases of animal abuse.  This could make you sick, honestly

http://www.harperstables.net/stoneqhfarm.html
(there is a link to the PETA site with a story on it also from here)