Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 8:39 AM
Subject: [RC] horse behavior/lisa salas

i have seen lance a few times, and he is an awesome looking horse!  and i think you can be certain that he is andalusian/arab cross, judging by the look.  you spoke of his athletic ability, which is another trait of this particular cross, coming from the andalusian side.  i have an andalusian stallion, and he has some moves that defy gravity. odd that a horse that size can move so quickly and gracefully. i just got a mare that is andalusian/spanish arab, and she looks a lot like him.  this mare is pretty steady, but has been an arena horse most of her life, gotta get her used to trails, etc., but she is coming along nicely.  i would say dont give up on lance, but i know it is frustrating.  i just think that certain horsanalities exist and that many of them may always be the spooky type to a certain degree, even when they are 25.  but you can make it better with lots of exposure to lots of things.  then there is the type that ! just seems rock solid as a two year old and stays that way forever.  see you somewhere this fall,  ed kilpatrick