Re: [RC] racing too young - DVeritas

In a message dated 7/29/2003 9:02:24 AM Mountain Daylight Time, howard9732@xxxxxxx writes:

Throw in the possibility of selling a horse for big money combined with a rider who is overly competitive and you do have a recipe for disaster.

That's true, Howard, but you and I have seen the same recipes being followed by folks intent on finishing top ten, first weightdivision, first redhead on a palomino, first retired AirForce Guy on a horse with a patriotic name, first retired Navy guy on a bay arab from Nebraska, first horse of the second top ten (read, "Top Twenty")on a "big" hundred, etc.
    It just must be in our national makeup...when the trail and the experience (of a horse doing what we ask them to) just aren't enough to validate our efforts (before, during and after a race/ride), we look to the surrogate authority figures in place to reach out and pat us on the back and say "ATTABOY, you're really somthin' ".
    That's just how it is and always will be.
    ---Frank