[RC] First LD - jennifer a berger

I attended my first ride this weekend in Wisconsin.  It was a wonderful time.  We did the 25 LD and I thought it was a great experience.  I am so proud of my horse he was great.  I was the one with a problem.  I started ten minuets late, which was OK I was in no hurry,  but I guess I needed a number and I was not given one so they hurried and wrote it on my horses butt, then about half an hourin the ride I took a wrong turn and went in a circle and when I came out of it I was in the same place I started and the sad thing was if the vet was nt there to tell me I messed up I would have spent the day in a circle.   Anyway it was a nice circle lots of scenery.  That put me about additional 35 mins behind and I ended up riding with the next ride for a short while, which was no big deal, my biggest concern was to try and stay on the correct trail.  Then after the check I only got ten mins before I missed my turn,  but some one caught me right away so it was only a ten minuet detour.  Anyway we completed!!!  Finally!  We stuck around for the awards and I got a great sponge for completing and to my amazement f5th place,  which my seven year old son was estatic about.  Anyway I was waiting till this morning to decide if we were going to attempt another.  I wanted to see how my horse was feeling the day after.  He is an older horse (20) and I want to make sure hes not draggin around the day after.  And he seems to be doin great I let him out in the pasture this morning, he put his tail up and ran out.  I guess he feels good, I am alittle sore.  Anyway I am glad for the LDs  I am not sure if a fifty mile would be good at this point in his life,  but the 25 sure ifs fun!!