[RC] Poll, Why Do I Ride - Ed Roley

I ride because it is a lot of fun. I like being around my horse, the smell, the feel and how I feel
when I am doing things with him(or even just sitting and watching horses). My first 50 completion
took us 11:35(none too much to spare) and although I was proud we completed I really wasn't
having fun the last couple of hours. I would much rather do a 50 in first and be on the trail only
4-6hrs and be flying then to be poking along in the middle of the night wishing I were back in camp
listening to my horse munch hay while I am lying in my tent next to his corral. I have always thought the only way I'd do a 100 is if someone let me use their 9-10hr 100 mile horse! These choices have nothing to do with awards or mileage programs but are based on when I think
I would cease having FUN!
Ed Roley & Sawyer(who would rather be eating hay while I lay in the tent too)