Re: [RC] LD Poll Results - Rebecca Hackworth

AND NO, PULLS DON'T COUNT UNLESS THEY ARE AT THE FINISH LINE.  YOU
HAVE TO RIDE 100 MILES.

Pull for any reason means the crew gets the beer and you have to try
again!

Howard, it's not rumor - its a done deal. The beer is on its way. We
will just have to make the vets and RM understand that this is a
ride
for honor - there will be no RO pulls. If the horse can go on, you
can
be tied to the saddle:-).

We are looking for volunteers to crew for Howard. Rumor has it there
will be some mighty good beer for the crew and if Howard finishes we
might save him one or two.

As far as training the best thing you could do is to start running
yourself so you will be in better shape and maybe drop a few pounds
so
you are a couple cases short of a HW. That way your horse won't have
carry as much and you can get off and run some with him. Maybe the
first
thing to do is go buy a walkman and get the "Theme From Rocky" and
keep
playing it over and over as you work out:-).

Truman

Howard Bramhall wrote:

No, jk, I voted for me, the kid, and the wife.  And, yes, I did
ask
them which way they wanted to go on this issue.  I, for one, will
shut
up on equality for LDer's for awhile.  It seems I now have other
things to worry about. According to Truman, and a few of his
buddies
(they used to be mine), my German beer is on it's way.  I'll
believe
it when I see it (and, drink it), but, I must admit I'm quite
worried.  The rumor is someone from my old alma mater (US Air
Force)
is going to make this all happen.

I need to get out there and train, train, train, train.  The
eternal
100 miler.  If I end up writing about attempting that distance it
might be longer than "War and Peace."  With my luck (and this
might
not be a bad thing) I'll get pulled at the very first vet check.
If
that happens, are my obligations met?  Details, details.

cya,
Howard (I gotta learn to keep my big mouth shut sometimes)

Becky and the gang