Re: [RC] [AERC-Members] LD Poll - Truman Prevatt

I just looked at it and there were about 586 voted. I don't know, since I haven't talked to Teri yet, but I suspect that the cookies were turned on in which case if your system acepts cookies you can only vote once. We did have it off for some of the "horse age stuff" since people have more than one horse..

Of course there is always a way to vote multiple times by turning off cookies in your system so no poll taken via internet is 100% secure since none of these involve encryption. However, I aways operate on the premis that people are honest and what in the world would they have to gain by "stuffing the ballot box" on such a question.

I have always said that these are not scientific and hence a larger margin of error but it can be a good source of reading the pulse of the people.

It started out right up front running about 64/34. Then changed to about 54/43 with some fense sitters. It's sitting at 56/41 now.

I am myself actually surprised that the "yes" votes got to 34% where it seemed to start. So I guess I'm not surprised that it finish in the 40's. And no I am not going to tell you how I voted - it's between me and the keyboard:-).

This probably reflects that there are a lot of new members and maybe some differenced in opinion on this issue. Just reading the tea leaves in this end of the country I can sense why this vote may have been like it was.

This also shows the need to refine this question based on Mike Maul's comments and break it into it's two parts. This will probably have to wait until I get back in town since I will locked away next couple of weeks with very little time to worry about such things starting mid week and have a lot to prepare to get ready.

Magnumsmom@xxxxxxx wrote:

Truman,

[your original post was cross posted]

Since your poll allows people to "vote" more than once it is
meaningless. I expect the statistician in you to disregard the results of this post all together and let everyone know
that the results are false.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
ps... when this post first went up it was running approx. 32% YES and 67% NO with 7 votes undecided with approx. 100 votes in. I do not believe that all of these 300+ "votes" are all from
individuals.