[RC] LD's again!! :(( (a different complaint) - iris mcquade

Hi All, Why is it that when you have a "real endurance rider" (not us LDers,) that choose to move  down  to our level for whatever reason, they can complete the ride in record time, and I do mean record time, obviously come in first place and they get the biggest applause you'd ever seen. You would think they had just won the Tevis. I guess it is because they have ridden 50's and above, so they must know more than the average LDer?!!!  My point is just because they have ridden 50's and up, do we just assume  that they know more than us average LDers? I've witnessed this for myself more than once. Because a certain person had ridden 50's and dropped to LD's, their  SPEED has been applauded.  Being that LD's is not a RACE, why is it okay for some and not for others??? Had it been one of us average LDers, we would have been looked down upon. We would of been accused of  being trail trash, abusing our horses, not knowing what we are doing, bla, bla, bla. I think some of it comes down to, "if you don't fit into the "clique," it doesn't matter about you and your horse's accomplishments,  sometimes it is just who you know and who you hang with.  Give credit when credit is deserved.................... Is that too much to ask???? Thank you all.
Iris McQuade
P.S. Why not give an award to somebody with the "highest vet scores?" Just a thought....
Yes, look me up, I don't have a whole lot of miles, but I can still express my opinion. Thank you for listening.