[RC] snakes on trail vs turkeys - Larry Miller

Try mom turkeys with a bunch of little ones.  Now there is a good spook bound to happen.  Had one of my juniors ride right over mom turkey and little ones.  Mom took off, Becky fell off but missed the little ones.  Prince ran away but not far.  Ever top a hill and startle a bunch of turkeys?  I swear the saddle horn goosed me when my horse stopped dead in his tracks.  Also have chased turkeys down trail much to my horse's discomfort!  Too funny.  Would rather run across turkeys on trail than a bear.  Life is quite interesting when booking down trail.  It is a matter of never quite relaxing and always be ready tor the 'big gotcha'!!  Jeanie