[RC] [Guest] snakes on the trail - Ridecamp Guest

On Behalf Of elf

Fellow ride campers, what do you do when you see a snake on the trail?  Living in the land of rattlers here in southern California, I'm often confronted with this sight.  My daughter's horse stepped on one this week.  No injuries, just had to get my heart out of my throat.  I know you have some secret snake song (or something) to tame these serpents, I hope.
I also wanted to briefly share good news about my green Arab mare who now will cross any water anytime, anywhere!  Her latest crossing was a 30 foot river high in the Sierras west of Mammoth.  I am so proud of her, I could bust.  She has become a real trail horse and partner.   I put a S hack on her about a month ago and she loves it.  She really takes good care of herself now, drinks, eats, etc.  I still have my fingers crossed that I will get to do a real endurance ride this fall.  Thanks to each of you for taking time to share your knowledge.
Nancy  and Lyric
Lazy J Ranch
Elfin Forest, California