[RC] re:Now I am in trouble - oddfarm

That was funny, Bill. What was your pace on that four mile sprint? Were you trotting or galloping? Did any of your mentors tell you about THAT part of riding?

When I first started riding this crazy sport, my mentor was my blacksmith. He was a maniac on my first ride and I ended up riding alone. Some mentor. A few rides later, he won a whole bunch of neat stuff at a ride. I said, "Man, I want to win stuff like that!". He said I'd have to beat him. So I did.

Then I rode with trainer Wendy and we never raced or competed, we just rode and learned a lot.

Now my daughter and I have been riding with a friend, Tracie. We have pretty much stayed together at the rides, but you know you can't be first if you are riding with someone else! I told her at her last fifty, she could top ten and finish in 6 hours. And she did, 4th place and grinning from ear to ear.

I was so happy for her, but now......I have to beat HER! Look out Tracie!

I am a talker, so riding with someone is really more fun than riding alone out front. My husband John, says I am the only person he knows that can run a marathon and talk the whole dang time. What can I say? A lot, evidently!!

Lisa Salas, the Odd Farm