[RC] Borium on shoes - Brenda Kossowan

After my experiment with Borium, I would recommend strongly against using it on rocky trails. I attemped the 100-mile Ride over the Rainbow in Merritt BC two years ago with Borium on all four feet. The extra traction put severe stress on the horse's joints - not helped by the 10-15 extra miles we ran getting lost, with the result that we had to pull up at 96 miles because one of her fetlocks was sore and starting to swell. My farrier told me afterward that he would never have attempted a rocky ride with extra traction because of the extra strain it puts on the lower limbs.

bkbkbk