[RC] Santiam Cascade Ride - rrohwer Rohwer

I seriously thinking of doing the Santiam Cascade Ride in Oregon this year.  Have to travel a pretty long ways, so am wondering what comments about the ride any of you might have to encourage/discourage me.  I am trying to decide about distance.  Will either do 50 or 80 depending on what I find out.  I see it has been put on for a very long time.  So must be something great about it.  My information doesn't say anything about dinner, potluck or otherwise.  Anyone know what the normal routine is.

Thanks,

Becky R - Montana