[Guest] Re: [RC] Sports Saddle/Ansur Saddle - Mary Orosz

I have both an Ansur and a Sport Saddle.  I will have had the Ansur for 2 years next month and have put a lot of miles on it, although I do not do 50’s or 100’s.  I alsway check his back after long rides just to make sure he is not sore – this is because in previous saddles he has gotten sore and when I got him he had 2 white spots on his back.   He is mutton withered and very round.  The saddle is holding up wonderfully – the only wear is from when I used regular stirrups and they scratched the saddle somewhat.  I solved this problem by getting some wintec stirrups. I just purchased a BM Sport Endurance saddle recently, since he is a spooker and I have tasted the dirt a few times. – Those darn instantaneous pivots! I also needed a second saddle since I got a second horse so the BM endurance sounded like the perfect solution. The BM endurance is only used for trail since I like the connection between you and your horse with the Ansur. I had borrowed a BM endurance to try and felt more secure, although I like the knee pads and the comfort of the Ansur better.  I have since found out that they now have a “Secure System” that they can retrofit your saddle with and am considering having that done if I have some spare money some time. I have had no problems with rubbed hair, but they did tell you to seat the saddle one or 2 inches behind the withers.  I used a non slip pad (kind of like you line your kitchen drawers with) and a filler pad that Ansur sells.  I do know that Skito makes a pad especially for the Ansur saddle.

Hope this helps.

- Mary