[RC] How long off for a shoulder issue? - Laurie Durgin

Well I got the ok from vet 2+ weeks ago to start rehab-ing Rascal(epm) Post treatment almost 4 weks now. The day I was to start riding him again(like 20 min. at a walk in the level ring to start). he looked off in front,acting like he was lame in front. (post epm he was 'slightly off in right rear'.(like slight shortstriding). So I gave him bute 1 gm. and left him alone for a week) .He seemed ok. So I saddled him up Saturday even.We walked in ring,turns ,over some ground poles,smelled the "new tarp over the woodchips to pad the huge rock in my ring we can't get out, in case I ever get dumped on it protecty thing". And he seemed very energetic and eager. Got off ,walked him in , just beginning to get damp under saddle(upper 80's 80% humidity, but the sun was low :}.
Today I got him out to do the 15 min. thing. Looked 'maybe ' off in front again". Wasn't sure , so I put my saddle on and took him up to ring. Rode him for 15 min. Couldn't feel anything. Dismounted walked him around, trotted him a bit. Maybe looked off at walk.,But not really noticable at trot. He wasn't acting energetic or eager though like the other night.
SO I don't know if he pulled something or not , or am I imaging things .Found no swelling ,heat in any legs,tapped hooves,nothing.
He is barefoot.I pulled his shoes when he got epm 2 months ago.However he has always had very strong,tough feet.I only shoe as we ride on gravel and rocks a fair bit.
It is terribly muddy here. only had 2 ;3 day nonrain days and 1; 5 day in months.Paddock has some rocks and 6-8" of mud in spots,rolling hills.
Should I bute or not? How long to rest,if it might be a soft tissure injury? It seemed to 'go away', then come back a bit. But it's vague enough I am not really sure.. . . enough to say he is lame or something more serious is going on.
Give another week or so off? Then see how he is? WIth or without Bute?
Since he has never been lame in 4 years untill he did the hip rotation with the epm I am somewhat at a loss as to what this could be.Wondered about a stone bruise, but he used to run over rocks like they weren't there.Has a pretty deep 'hollow" in his foot(not flat )
thanks Laurie/Rascal/Honey/Scout