[RC] Injuring competitor's horses - beth glover

Hi Ridecampers; I have my clock radio set to NPR news and that never fails to jolt me out of bed faster than any buzzer or bell. A couple days ago I hear this story about these Saddlebreds (see link) that were poisoned at a show. This is one reason I don't show anymore. Things that make you shake your head and wonder why.... like people putting glass in their competition's feeder so they cut their mouth's up. One year we were at Scottsdale, and there was junior riding an Arab with a tail that dragged onto the ground. Someone went at night and cut his tail up to the dock. That family showed pictures to the judges of how he normally looked and he did win the championship anyway. NOt to mention the abuse with whips etc.  But thank God we don't have this stuff going on in Distance riding. (If I am Naive, please leave me that way)  I feel like I'm tempting the very Devil by even mentioning it. But what would be the point, you never know who is gonna win. Like at Tevis, everyone had ideas who would be in the top ten, an d even who might win. Not that Heather was much of a surprise, but yes, a little surprise, cause anyone may slip on a rock, or have a mishap, so there is no point in tinkering with anyone's horse, they have enough potential roadblocks to surmount on their way to winning. Anyway, this just made me sad, and I wanted to share my feeling of outrage. I hope they catch the  criminals, and it shouldn't be hard, since you know they were horse show people and you know they were competing against the involved horses.

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/news/2339633/detail.html

Beth

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=