[RC] [Guest] Sports Saddle/Ansur Saddle - Ridecamp Guest

Pat Gluckin

====
At 11:06 AM 7/20/2003 -0700, you wrote:

Mary

I recently tried the Ansur myself, was hesitant to spend the $$ though,
there was a slight rub on the withers, I used my supracor pad with it.  Did
you have any modifcations made to it.  I wasnt sure if it was really going
to hold up over the long haul for the $$. Have you done several hundreds on
it?

Diane Palumbo, Boulder CO AERC 2585

======
I have both saddles in my collection and love them both; however, my
favorite is the Ansur. I ride exclusively in it. My horse is a TB/Appaloosa
cross with VERY prominent withers. The Ansur sits directly on those withers
with either the merino sheepskin pad or dressage pad underneath. There has
never been any rubbing of the withers. There has only been a little muscle
soreness when I first started using the Ansur; but that is not a problem
anymore. This saddle fits a variety of horse shapes and sizes. I have been
given a few opportunities to test the security of my seat and so far (knock
on wood) I remained astride my horse.

I use the Skito pad with the SS and 3 different horses I've owned have never
had any back problems. Again I have had tests for seat security with this
saddle as with the Ansur and found that I remained on top. :-) The SS has
been on a variety of horses and has served each well.

These are the only two saddles I will ever need for the remainder of my
riding career. If both got stolen or damaged or lost, I'd replace the Ansur
immediately. I can't say how well it would hold up over the kinds of miles,
terrain and weather conditions you folks ride in because I am a much more
casual rider who babies horse and tack and SELF. >g<

Pat